Dr. Miller’s Affiliations
- Edward Miller graduated from the University of Pennsylvania “Penn Med” in 1789.
- In 1797, Edward Miller, in conjunction with Elihu Smith and Samuel Mitchell, published America’s first medical journal: The Medical Repository.
- In 1803, he was appointed resident physician of New York City.
- In 1807, he was elected professor of the practice of physic in the new College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University.
- In 1809, Dr. Miller became one of the physicians of the New York Hospital and was named clinical lecturer shortly afterwards.
- Dr. Miller was a member of the American Mineralogical Society and the American Philosophical Society.